For the past years, the technology of tracking vehicles has become popular. Vehicle tracking, otherwise known as fleet vehicle GPS tracking has been found to provide the most efficient way of running a fleet business as well as cut costs.
Intelligent management has to go hand-in-hand with fleet vehicle GPS tracking to successfully streamline daily operations. Some of the advantages provided by fleet vehicle GPS tracking to fleet businesses include:
There are several ways the GPS tracking system can save money for a fleet business. The ways range from checking the position of the drivers, decreased insurance premiums, and decreased global fuel consumption to reducing the time for administrative duties.
The advanced technologies used in the latest GPS tracking systems make cutting costs possible because of the avoidance of issues such as aggressive driving behaviour, wear and tear of the vehicles, and skipped maintenance.
A fleet business can be tedious work for an administrator. The best way to avoid being involved in too much paperwork is to digitalise the documentation of the various fleets.
Get real-time fleet information
GPS tracking system provides real-time information about vehicles and drivers at any time and all the time of the day. Manual methods often give inaccurate metrics. Not so with the GPS tracking system that tracks everything from idle time, driver behaviour, and travel time.
Provides info on how a vehicle is used
Wear and tear of vehicles is often the result of improper use. Using a GPS tracking system eliminates this problem when detours or improper driving behaviour are tracked throughout the workday. The software also ensures that only authorised drivers are using the fleet with the inclusion of identification add-ons.
Job assignments become efficient with the help of GPS system that maps out the most fuel-efficient routes to take. The system also helps in organising work hours resulting in more efficient fleet management.
Outstanding features of the Fleet Vehicle GPS Tracking
The great strides in GPS technology have created more complete and complex systems when it comes to tracking vehicles. Yet, even the most basic GPS tracking system offers outstanding features, to include:
- The actual location of the fleet vehicles on the integrated maps from different providers like Google maps
- Driving reports in the form of table reports to show data about the various trips undertaken by the vehicles
- Vehicle summary reports provide the performance activities of the whole fleet as well as every single vehicle. The report will typically include information about the areas of activities from stop reports, scheduled reports, journey reports, heatmaps, and alerts.
- Alert installation to manage driving safety and style. This includes all driver behaviour from idling, speeding, rapid acceleration, and harsh braking. Alerts also inform management about the exact location where drivers stop or start or get out or in of locations.
Implementing some add-ons to an existing GPS system makes fleet management quick, accurate, and efficient.
- An Emergency button can immediately inform management of emergencies faced by both driver and vehicle.
- Driver ID ensures that only authorised drivers drive the assigned vehicle.
GPS tracking systems have long been identified as crucial for the transport and logistics industries. Yet, the tracking system can help all types of industries and sectors that use vehicles to perform their varied activities. We are here to help. Fleet Complete install fleet vehicle GPS tracking.